Friday, November 20, 2009

Nature Playground

Today I brought the kids to a local nature center and I was so happy because instead of spending the morning/afternoon inside we spent about 2 1/2 hours outside. We are having a beautiful 50+ degree day here in MN! The best thing about today is that we got to check out the new outdoor nature playground. I hadn't been there before so wasn't sure what to expect. I had our neighbor with us, who by the way just started homeschooling this week (she was in 2nd grade in public school). Well, the girls ran ahead on the trail while Joe and I slowly made our way to the play area. When we got there the girls said there was nothing to do because there was only rocks and wire. I said well come on use your imaginations. They ended up playing for over 2 hours and had a blast. This was one of my favorite "parks" to go to. Seriously, it was just a bunch of big rocks, a bridge over an empty ravine, different sized tree stumps/logs, and a fort made out of sticks that were leaning against a tree. It was great.

No comments: