Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Biking in the rain

This past weekend we had perfect sunny, warm Spring weather here in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, Shawn had to work all weekend. Yesterday he had the day off and it was raining and chilly. Instead of letting the rain dampen our spirits we decided to go for a bike ride. Abby was on the tag along with Shawn and Joe was on my bike with me. It was hilarious. We all had on our rain gear and away we went. Joe and I didn't make it very far as it was raining harder than I thought and it was really windy. But, Abby and Shawn went around the lagoon and back home. Afterwards we played outside and Joe loved splashing in all the puddles. I am so glad that Shawn brought up the idea to go biking otherwise we probably would have just stayed in the house. I could tell both of the kids, especially Abby, thought it was super cool to be biking in the rain.

No comments: