Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Homeschooling groups



So, yesterday Abby declared she no longer wanted to go to any homeschool groups (we rarely go as is). I was trying to reschedule her weekly OT to a different day so that we could start regularly meeting a group that meets on that same day. She heard me on the phone and wanted to know what I was doing. I explained that I wanted us to start going to this group and she said she only wants to do homeschool stuff at home and not go to any homeschool groups. I guess I need to get creative with my wording because once we are actually at the groups she has a good time. I am not sure why she has this aversion to the words homeschooling group, but she clearly does! Maybe she doesn't need the groups but *I* do. I need to get out of the house more and really want to try and get connected with other homeschoolers. Wish me luck!

No comments: