Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Doing crafts/projects




Before Christmas I bought some materials to do some "crafty" projects with Abby. I am not really into crafts and it took me over 3 months to get this stiff out because I thought it would be hard to do or to show Abby how to do it. The craft project ideas I got were from Amanda Soule's book The Creative Family. I have really enjoyed this book and love to read Amanda's blog, although at times it makes me feel like I am such a looser because I don't fee like we are very creative in this household. Anyways, Abby found the book the other day and that is what motivated me to get the stuff out. The first day we worked on embroidery. Abby seemed to like it and worked on it for quite awhile. A few days later I brought it out again but she wasn't interested in it but Joe was. To my surprise he really took to it and was able to thread the needle through and back several times. We also worked on making a pillow. Abby initially said she didn't want to do it so I just went ahead and sewed together two pieces of fabric that her and Joe colored. Once the fabric was sewed together I asked Abby to stuff it, which she enjoyed doing. She really liked the final product and wants to make another one. What I am realizing though is that she wants ME to do it. I am looking for ideas that she would enjoy "the process" of creating versus just liking what mom makes. Any ideas????

1 comment:

Los Pyefeld said...

Your children have identical profiles.

I bet she would *love* to draw on the walls! There's my craft idea for you.