Sunday, June 21, 2009

API Picnic

When Abby was just a babe I got involved in the local API group and have since regularly attended playgroups and other activities. I have met so many wonderful people from this group and some of them have become part of our family. A really great bonus to this is that quite a few of my friends that I met through this group are also homeschooling so our kids have been able to grow up together and they know each other very well. Some are like siblings. So when a bunch of the API kids started kindergarten last year it wasn't too weird for my daughter because she knew at lesat 5 kids that weren't going to school, like herself. Over the last year I have sorta strayed from the group due to conflict between my daughter and other kids, the group seeming too mainstream as well as us getting more involved in homeschooling groups; but I realized I missed the group. Now that the weather is so great here we started going back to our regular weekly park playgroup and have begun going to a spin-off playgroup as well. It has been really nice to be back! Last weekend a bunch of people from the API group went camping and we joined them for the day on Saturday for the annual picnic. Here are a few pictures. I am so grateful for community!

No comments: