Sunday, June 21, 2009

Toads and animal fairies

The other night we were out in the backyard and I heard a toad singing a song. Abby decided to look down in the window well to see if it was there, the same spot we found the other one, and it was. She was so so excited to have another toad to play with. Man does she ever love those things. She played and played and played with it.

After a few days of playing with it she left it in a closed cooler ( I didn't know- if I had I would have explained that the toad would die!). I have a feeling she was afraid the neighbor was going to take it, because the neighbor kept asking Abby when she was going to release it and kept reminding her to release it in her yard. That night an animal fairy let the toad out of the cooler so that it would not suffocate and die. The animal fairy left Abby a note and a few wooden animals for her doll house. Abby was really sad when she woke up and found out the toad was gone, she was also pretty angry at the fairy but after awhile she realized she would have been much sadder if she woke up and found her toad dead. She looks forward to finding another toad soon. I hope one comes to our yard.

No comments: