Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trusts and Living Wills

For the past few weeks Shawn and I have been discussing topics that I would rather sweep under the rug. It started with me bringing up life insurance for myself. We have it for Shawn but not me and after talking to some friends I realized that we really do need it for me. Not only because I would want Shawn to be able to take off a good chunk of time from work to help the kids acclimate to life without me, but also because we would still want to be able to homeschool and have someone here to help with that. This then led to the discussion about us never doing a living will. I have really avoided this because it just seems so morbid and how do we decide who would be the best person to raise our children if we were gone? UGH! Well, we finally made the decision so at least that part is done. Now we need to fill out the paper work and get it signed. I am still in the process of filling out my life insurance paperwork and now we have decided to get a trust. We really want to make sure that if we do both die at the same time the person who has agreed to raise our kids will be able to do that and not have to work. Oh such fun things we need to do.
Here is a cute picture that will make me smile after reading about not so fun topics.

1 comment:

Los Pyefeld said...

That is the cutest picture ever!!!

So, who did you put in the will? "Dying" to know. We haven't done one, either, because nobody is good enough for our kids. :0