Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Being Grateful

Why is it that I let myself get caught up in how "tough" it is to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom? The other day it just hit me that I am lucky! I am fortunate to be able to be with my kids and to have the choice to keep them out of school and not have to leave every day for a job. I am fortunate that my husband and I agree that me staying home is the best thing for our kids and that school is not the best place for OUR kids. I am fortunate that my husband willingly and joyfully works hard so that we can have the sort of life that we enjoy living. I am grateful that my kids want to be home with me and that they are glad to be homeschooled. There might be plenty of bad days, plenty of moments that I regret what I say/do to my kids, plenty of days when I wonder what the hell it is that I am doing but I am going to do my best to remember that indeed I am a very lucky person and I am grateful for the life I have created with my family.

1 comment:

Los Pyefeld said...

Go you.

I was just thinking, after a "rough day," What if I thought of each day as the last day I had to be a "stay-at-home-mom"? Because I could just get a job, 40 hrs/wk plus commute. And then every day that I think is so hard now would suddenly seem like the greatest gift in the world, I would miss it so much!

Thanks for posting that little "reminder."

(I ****LOVE**** "quotation marks!")