Thursday, February 18, 2010

Climbing

A local business here, Vertical Endeavors, does a once a month homeschooling afternoon for homeschoolers to do indoor rock climbing. In the past I haven't gone because it is the time when Joe is usually napping, it is a little bit of a dirve and I wasn't sure if Abby would even want to do it. Well, recently Joe stopped napping, I have been more coMmitted to getting us out and about more and so yesterday I asked Abby if she wanted to try rock climbing. She got a huge grin on her face and screamed YES! We got to the place and Abby got really overwhelmed when we walked in the doors. She whispered in my ear, wanting to know if she HAD to climb. I told her no and that we could just watch for awhile. We signed some forms and then walked around and Abby watched some of the climbers. About ten minutes later she said she was ready to try. It was really fun to see her with the harness on and hanging from the ropes. She got frustrated pretty easily but didn't give up. I am hoping that Shawn can take her next time because I think he could help her a lot more than I can being that I am short and also 7 months preggo, it was a bit hard for me to help her. Here are two photos of Miss Abby doing her first "climb."

No comments: