Friday, July 3, 2009

Strawberry picking

It seems likely nearly everyone from this area has been posting about strawberries and strawberry picking and now it is my turn. Last Tuesday our family joined two other families for a morning of picking berries. We had a really nice time and the kids loved playing in the fields of wildflowers. Joe stayed really close to me which was nice as I wasn't sure how it would go this year with him being mobile. Last year he was on my back in the ergo or sat right next to me as I picked. We came home with about 10 pounds of berries. I froze a whole bunch and also made some yummy GF biscuits for strawberry shortcake, it was super yummy!


Joe really liked the chickens. One jumped out of the pen and it nearly scared him to death.



Abby was mad at me for taking this picture- I didn't realize that she had to go to the bathroom really bad!


Here are some pictures from last years strawberry picking day.





Here are a few pictures of Abby when she was two. We were berry picking in Texas with our friends Deb and Alex. I can't believe how little she was!


No comments: