Friday, July 3, 2009

Wizard of Oz

We went to see the play Wizard of Oz at a local children's theatre with some friends last week. We really enjoyed it and I think it was the first play that Abby completely followed along with it and understood what was going on. The last two we went to were a little abstract. The night before the play we read a short version of the book and then the next night I guess the movie was on t.v. I thought the movie would be too scary for her but according to Shawn she liked it, although she was in the bathtub for the monkey part. Poor Joe did not like it. At the play he kept saying out mom out mom, so we took breaks and walked around the lobby. He also did not like the movie - surprise surprise. I was a little peeved at Shawn when I found out he let Joe watch the monkey part. Shawn is a big scary movie junky and I think Abby will follow along in his footsteps but not Joe. He seems way more sensitive to the scary/startling things and gets very concerned. Oh yeah back to the Wizard of Oz, yesterday we got the soundtrack from the library and Abby and I enjoyed listening to it in the car and trying to figure out the words. We also picked up the 1970's movie of Charlotte's Web. I am really excited to watch it with her, now I just need to find someone to lend us a VCR.

No comments: