Monday, May 4, 2009

Dinner with friends

Last Wednesday Shawn had to go to work 2 hours earlier than usual for the night shift, which meant that we would not see him at all that day. I quickly realized that this could mean a long yucky day for us. I decided to call my friend, whose husband was traveling for work, to see if she wanted to come over for dinner. She thought it was a good idea and offered to bring over a pan of meatloaf (which was heavenly!) So, that evening her and her three kids came over. All the kids played, we had a yummy meal, made homemade ice cream and then they headed home. I am so glad we did this and hope we do it more often. As I have blogged about before, spending time with other adults is so important for my sanity and sharing a meal with others is yummy!!!!!!!!

No comments: