Monday, May 18, 2009

Two-wheel rider!

Last night I asked Abby is she wanted to try and ride her bike without her training wheels. She got super excited and said YES!! So, we headed over to the tennis courts, on the other side of our block, and away she went. Shawn held on to her for maybe 30 seconds and she was off. It was so so so fun to watch her and see how quickly she could do it and how well she did it too! She kept asking us if we were proud of her and I just wanted to cry. I am so proud of her and this just feels like such a big moment in her life. This morning when she woke up she was so exicted to go biking again. Our house sits on a big hill and I have a knee injury right now so I can't carry her bike down the hill. We got her bike out of the garage and she looked at me and asked if she could ride it through the alley to the front of our house on her own, I could tell she thought I was going to say no, but I said sure just make sure you watch for cars. Oh my gosh she was just delighted. Once she got to the front of the house I asked if she wanted to bike around the whole block and she sorta looked at me in shock and said by myself? and I said yep, just stop at the alley and check for cars. Away she went. It felt a little strange to send her off on her own, even though it was only around the block, my heart beat was a little faster until I could see her turning the corner coming back towards our house. She did it three times in a row and then was ready for a break. It truely does feel like she has entered into a new phase of life!

1 comment:

Hannah Eye said...

Go Abby!

I hope you are better.