Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Texas

Our family went to Houston, TX last week to visit friends. It was our first trip back since we moved home and we had a great time. It was also Joe's first time on an airplane. He did just fine and I have to chuckle to myself because I barely even thought about it and I remember when we flew with Abby when she was his age, I was so nervous and brought a ton of stuff on the plane and worried about her ears etc. , oh how nice it is to have experience on our side. In Texas we stayed with our friends Janet and Tony and their four girls. Abby and Joe were in heaven and couldn't get enough of the girls. They were both entertained non-stop, which was nice for Shawn and I to relax and catch-up with Janet and Tony. Since the girls are homeschooled they were around all the time and the youngest, Emily, got to skip out on school and hang with us on a few adventures. I have more photos just need to figure out how to get them on here!

We went to the Children's Museum and spent about 4 or 5 hours there. The kids absolutely loved it there, it is a really cool museum. Joe ended up crashing out on a bench with me while Abby and Emily were in their glory playing in the grocery store for over 45 minutes.

Abby and Joe in the art room at the museum.
Joe checking out all the different markers.
Abby and Emily constructing different houses/offices out of these interconnecting boards. They had a ton of fun in this area.
One day we headed to the Houston Zoo, which is gorgeous. It was really nice to spend the day outside and to watch the kids delight in all the animals. They loved the giraffes and elephants and I think their favorite part was eating snow cones before we headed out.
Posing at the baby elephant statue at the Houston zoo.
Snack time.

Joe and mom checking out the monkeys.


Another day the kids and I headed to my friend Deb's house while Shawn spent the day with his friend Logan. It was so nice to spend the whole day with Deb and her boys. Abby and Alex played outside the entire day and we all ate lunch and dinner together. Both our younger boys napped and Deb and I just hung out. I forgot how good it was to spend days like this with a friend and I realized I really miss that and want to create something like that here in Mpls.
Deb lives in the country and has a child's dream backyard. Teepee, sand pit, slides, basketball hoops, trampoline, zip cord line etc etc. and the neighbors have horses too!
Christopher on a super cool tractor!
Joe loving the play car

Christopher climbing a tree

Alex and Abby enjoying a snack

Abby walking Birch.

one of their cool playscapes

Deb, Abby and Birch.

Abby on another playscape

All of us had a super geat time and I didn't realize how much I missed my Texas friends until I saw them again. The morning we headed out to the airport both Abby and I cried as we said good-bye. Poor Abby cried the whole way to the airport, through returning our rental car and checking in for our flight. She kept saying it is so hard to leave friends especially best friends!!! I couldn't agree more.

No comments: