Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sleep

There are so many reasons why I think sleeping with my kids is awesome. Here are a few. This morning I was up early checking emails and I heard Joe wake up. I ran upstairs and nursed him back to sleep. While I was laying there making sure he was out before I left the room I watched him sleep. He looked so calm, peaceful and content. While I was watching he was stretching in his sleep and moving his lips as if he was still nursing and then a smile crept across his face. It was so sweet. Then I heard Abby stirring and she popped her head up and looked to see that Joe and I were still there, I could see her contentment on her face as she layed back down in her bed and went back to sleep. I am so happy that neither of my kids will ever know the feeling of sleeping alone unwillingly and will hopefully always associate sleep with what it should be: restful and peaceful.

No comments: